5 Ways to Stay Dandruff Free
A flaky itchy scalp and greasy white, visible bits are one’s worst hair horror. It’s embarrassing, it’s disgusting and it’s hard to get rid of. With a happening life and a busy schedule, one needs a quick solution for healthy, dandruff-free hair. The best way is to visit a hair specialist to rule out the possibility of severe scalp allergies, excessive hair fall and infections. As for everyday dandruff, here are five ways to eliminate it from your life:
1. Oil your hair
Your scalp needs its nourishment. Oiling it helps absorb the goodness and provides your hair with volume and shine. Tea tree oil is proven to help diminish greasiness and itchiness and can alleviate symptoms of dandruff. Coconut oil can help with dandruff on the skin for it hydrates and moisturizes it. Hakeem advises to oil your hair at least once a week.
2. Make sure you’re well on the inside
Multiple kinds of research suggest that healthy eating habits can greatly impact your hair’s health and prevent dandruff and hair loss. Eating food such as salmon, peanut butter, walnuts and eggs can help you get rid of the nasty white. Moreover, stay stress-free! Increased stress levels lead to a weak immune system which makes it difficult for the body to fight fungal infections.
3. Wash your hair more often
Infrequent hair washing can lead to the accumulation of dead cells, oil, and other impurities. Wash your hair every two to three days, and wash them thoroughly so that no shampoo or hair product is left inside. It is recommended to not style your hair that often because your hair can be damaged which too can result in a buildup of dandruff flakes.
Read: 6 Natural Tips to Get Rid of Hair Fall
Hakeem Fact: Washing your hair with hot water can increase dandruff!
4. Use a shampoo specific to your needs
Get a shampoo that gets rids of dandruff and is for your type of hair. Gone are those days when fancy packaging was the selling point. Now get what’s best for your hair!
5. Don’t scratch
We know that it’s hard. We know that it’s itchy. But you have to stop. Scratching your head (especially with long nails) can lead to wounds and infections!
Having gone through these tips to prevent and stop dandruff from spreading, here are some fun dandruff facts that you ought to know:
· Some people have had dandruff for as long as they remember. These tips control dandruff but don’t completely cure them of it due to genetics. It is important to visit a dermatologist if the issue is persistent.
· An itchy scalp doesn’t always mean you have dandruff. You can have inflammation and not know about it.
· You can have dandruff on your face, around your eyes, and on your eyelashes too. This fungal infection is not just limited to the head, unfortunately.
· Men reportedly have more dandruff than women.
Let us know if these tips worked for you! Open your hair and let them flow with the Dubai wind because you deserve to look your best!
Let us Take Care of Your Health.
Get FREE health tips, medical advice, lifestyle hacks and the latest news delivered straight to your inbox!